megapixel

Sometimes I think I think too much...

Saturday, November 04, 2006

megapixel
I asked myself the same question as in the previous post, and here's what i came up with:
Should I flip my wig? well at this point in time, it is certainly easier to give it in once in a while, and pick it up the next day all clean and styled. Who has time to do their hair every day, not to mention cutting, and dying and touching up roots and stuff? Nah!
treif food? Most treif stuff doesnt really excite me. I mean, we have cholent, kokosh cake, and huliptches! Shrimp looks like fetuses, and lobsters remind me of giant underwater cockroaches. Gross!
I love Shabbos! when else can you take a nap in middle of the day and not feel guilty about it?
Yomim Tovim are hard, but also enjoyable. You get to make roasts and other good food and sit around with friends and family and eat lavish meals. When else would you do that? (I could definitely skip the cleaning for Pesach part, though)
Lashon Hara maybe?
I dont know...
I think I would just let go alot of Jewish guilt- maybe I dont do exactly what I am supposed to, or sometimes do things for the wrong reason, and then feel guilty about it.

4 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger ggggg said...

perhaps the first thing you would do is get rid of your Jewish guilt..and then everything else will follow! lol

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger ********************8 said...

I used to say the same, but now I realize I do want to do those things. Not because trief tastes good (I have no idea), or that I don't like yomim tovim, cause I usually do. It's more a matter of living a life of honesty without pretense. Though I can definitly comiserate with feeling guilty about doing the "right" things for the wrong reason. I hope you figure out what you really want.

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger smb said...

What's your wrong reason, is it you do it to get what you want, instead of to serve G-d? Or you're doing it even though you're Unsure about it?
If it's the second one, maybe you can find out more information to help you gain clearity.

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Nice blog I just discovered it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter