megapixel

Sometimes I think I think too much...

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Hey guess what?

I am working on a shidduch.
I have never done this before, but I actually set up a couple. It was a guy (relative) and a girl who I dont know, but I tried to set up someone I do know, and it was not for her, but she knew a girl...
All the details line up; it sounds perfect on paper.
so I got the okay from the guy, and then two days I got the okay from the girl. He is supposed to call her for a date!
I wonder what will happen. Oh by the way, does anyone know- should I call the mom and ask when the date is going to happen or should i sit back and relax?

I hope it works.
I hope if it doesnt work, it's not a complete bust so they dont get mad at me.

12 Comments:

At 7:48 AM, Blogger ggggg said...

That is pretty cool! I also made a shidduch once, and they are happilly (i think) married today with kids!!!

If you made it, there is no reason you can't call and find out what's going on with it!

Good luck!

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

oooh good luck!
what a zchus

 
At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SHIDDUCH UPDATE: There was a date scheduled for tonight but due to inclement weather it was pushed off til next week.
so my curiosity will have to wait a little longer.

 
At 2:13 AM, Blogger almost_frei said...

Good for you to 'get involved' and red a shidduch!

I hope they have a good time. You should get involved if they need you as an intermediary. Otherwise just sit back and thank Hashem for giving you the opportunity to bring two people together....

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Independent Frum Thinker said...

Although I am far from "almost frei", I completely agree with his comment. :)

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger ggggg said...

Almost Frei is far from Almost Frei too! :-)

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger Rafi G. said...

good luck. don't get over involved. you will be blamed for messing it up if it does not work out, and if it is going to work out, it will happen without your extra pressure.

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger almost_frei said...

lakevent... Do you mean I am closer to frum than almost frei, or so far away from Frum, that I am not 'almost' but Certainly Frei?

regardless...i hate labels... I wonder if I could have gotten married these days, sicne I don't fit any popular label.

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger SemGirl said...

Just relax, Mega you did good but dont get over anxious,

Hope it works out for you, but be prepared that most of the time you get burnt on these things. But you still get the mitzva...

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger megapixel said...

almost frei-- arbit macht frei so get to work!

 
At 4:12 AM, Blogger almost_frei said...

Javoul madame

 
At 4:56 AM, Blogger sis-in-law said...

can't wait for the update after the first date.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter