megapixel

Sometimes I think I think too much...

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

This lady I know recently married off two kids. The older one, the son, is obviously very chassidish and farfrumt but I just heard something pretty shocking about him.

Apparently, he does not call his wife by her first name. EVER!

So I know there are different minhagim, and so on. But this sounds completely bizarre so I have some questions.

I mean - does this make you a better, more holy Jew?
Is this something average people should look up to, and say, one day I want to be like THEM?

Isnt this a tad demeaning to the woman?

Sheesh! Every time I think I've heard everthing, I hear something like this and am shocked all over again.

4 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Blogger SemGirl said...

No it means he needs prof'l help asap. I will have him in mind by Refainu..

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger Rafi G. said...

weird

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger ggggg said...

wow! Avraham Avinu must have been a real bum in his book, as he called his wife *gasp* sarah!

these people need to get a life!

 
At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like a personal hangup the guy has.Even the Toldas Ahron crowd call their wives by their first names.I don't believe if he asked a shaalo, even from a major machmir, he would be told it is a mertitous behavior on his part

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter