megapixel

Sometimes I think I think too much...

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

I am totally not into football, but over the past few years, the people around me have been more and more involved so I am more aware than I used to be.

It seems that superbowl sunday is almost like a national holiday already.

Anyway, I do like watching the commercials the day after- online. So there was this one commercial which cracked me up - and I'll tell you why.

A really ugly geeky weirdly dressed girl is walking around, and wherever she goes, guys are looking twice at her and smiling at her and trying to get her attention...
at the end, you see her opening a box of planters peanuts and smearing some peanuts on her wrist and neck, like perfume ( which explains that the guys were all attracted to her smell - peanuts.)

This once happened to me. I was working with this (frum) guy for several years and one day I was talking to him about something and he tells me "you smell good". I was totally freaked out, cuz there was no way this person could have just said that to me, yet he did! and I was thinking to myself "is he flirting with me? after four years of working together? and he is married with six kids and I am married with two. what am I supposed to say to him?
so I just looked confused and said "what did you say?"
and he said, "I said you smell good - did you just eat peanut butter?"
AAAHHHHH

5 Comments:

At 2:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course he was flirting! He also is smart enough to have a 'back up response' in case you didn't take the bait...
Oy, I am surprised you still have so much to learn about guys. But then again, why should you?

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger ggggg said...

that was a great ad! and why do you still freak out when guys act like guys? lol

 
At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG I wish you guys were around back then to advise me. I was flirted with and didnt know it!!!
Lake- it was a guy I worked with for a long time, and we were like buddies (and he was a Rabbi, sort of)- so I never dreamed he was thinking like that. Also I am not the kind of person people flirt with.

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mega,
If you consider a man to be your buddy I don't understand how you can not be the type of person people flirt with.Unless you just scmooze with everyone but give off a vibe that it shouldn't go further.

 
At 6:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

buddies in the same way a guy would be buddies with them. not in a male-female way

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter