megapixel

Sometimes I think I think too much...

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Sitting here on election day -- this has been one of the longest campaigns I can remember.

I still cant believe that Obama has made it this far, what with all the scary and undesirable things that have come out about him.

Clearly, people are voting with their emotions rather than their SEICHEL.

Not a good idea.

I am going to vote soon, I usually wait till the end of the day, because for some reason I feel that my vote is worth more if it's later in the day--it's more needed. I know that is not really logical but whatever.

I haven't listened to the radio all day for election results, cuz I am scared to hear that Obama is ahead.

I did get one funny text message about not worrying if Obama is ahead in the polls - wait till all the working people get home from work and go vote for McCain!

It is really frustrating to me that my candidates rarely win...

Sometimes I think that the average American is none too intelligent...
Perhaps people should not be allowed to vote unless they pass some type of test that verifies that they know what this country stands for, basic history and civics and what the heck the issues are.

Okay, I hear why black people want Obama, and young people as well. But for the life of me I cannot understand why modern orthodox Jews want him! especially older ones - forty and above.

And today I heard that all our brethren over in Williamsburg are voting for Obama and I find that abhorrent!!

3 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

Hey
I voted for Obama..

You can visit my blog to seem my reasons why
:-)

 
At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh boy.
Listen, i agree with some of your points.
- we have our share of racists in our community, and its a little embarrasing.

I also think alot of the reasons you gave for voting for him are nice and sweet, but at this point in time, with the world so shaky and scary out there, now would not be a good time to have someone like that as leader. Maybe some kind of diplomat, whatever.

 
At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you hear people in W-B are voting for Obama? The papers are reporting Wiliamsburg as a rare anomoly in that went heavily for McCain.

As far as racism is concerned,I'm no racist, but repeated negitive encounters with certain (not all)ethnicities has caused me to dislike and distrust many of them.Plenty of nonJews I know feel the same way

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter