megapixel

Sometimes I think I think too much...

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

First off, I want to say I noticed something interesting about people who hang around on blogs. They have agendas. If you read the blogs and the comments, after awhile, you will notice that certain people will always make comments related to their pet peeves, rather than the actual topics that are being discussed. People are so intent on their little agendas, whether it is being dissatisfied with their communities (Lakewood, Chassidish etc.) lack of women's shiurim, blah blah blah, that they dont have much of a sense of humor left. Also, there is a big emphasis and pride on being "open minded". Like that is the ultimate thing to strive for. In my opinion, one should only be open minded when judging others. When it comes to yourself, you should be close minded. you ask youself "is this right, based on how I was raised/Torah law / behavior appropriate for a jew/ chilul hashem?" and if the answer is no, dont do it. Dont start being open minded.

6 Comments:

At 11:56 AM, Blogger ggggg said...

There is a difference between "an open mind" and "a hole in the head"

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

I be to differ...I dont have any agenda..I just say whats on my mind..or whatever inspires me...

 
At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

david - you are right. I just discovered your blog. very refreshing. fun, intelligent. you seem like a really nice guy.

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger ggggg said...

awww......MP, David is indeed a really nice guy!

 
At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter