megapixel

Sometimes I think I think too much...

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Not that I think Rudy is perfect, but I do know, based on his record, that he IS a man of action, which is really important. I heard some interesting ideas from him re: the healthcare issue. Its actually the first plan I've heard that makes some sense, in a healthy way.

1- people who opt to purchase their own health insurance policies (instead of getting thru their companies) will get a $10,000 tax rebate.

2- this will put more people in the market for insurance plans, and insurance companies will offer more plans to cater to a variety of needs.

Similar to when the phone company was de-monopolized. Compare todays's long distance bills with those of 15 years ago. The consumer was the ultimate winner. This is an primo example of the free market system WORKING to our benefit. Hopefully a similar effect would result with the health insurance companies.

I think this makes alot of sense. Anyone see any downside to this?

5 Comments:

At 4:37 PM, Blogger SemGirl said...

On the surface it seems to be a good thing, but Lesaisse Faire, supply-driven economics isnt without its problems too.

This idea will benefit the upper middle class tremendously, but hurt the poorest elements (aka: Collel Families who dont have relatives supporting them) who cant afford to buy any policy.

 
At 6:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sem - kollel families who dont have relatives supporting them (such as I used to be)cant afford to buy a policy can remain on Family care the same way they are now.

 
At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spitzer..was also a man of action
tough
turns out..he doesnt know the first thing about running a state..

 
At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sister is an OT.Her husband is in Medical school.Their children are on a famly care type program.My BIL couldn't afford insurance for himself(nor was he,as an adult eligble for gov insurance).We all ended up chiping in to pay for his gall bladders surgery and prolonged hospital stay.We also all started to support socialized medicine...

 
At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although I'm usually agains government spending the reality of health insurance costs make me support socialized medicine.I have freind who delibratly don't make money (which flies in the face of all capitalism dogma)because they can't afford the $20K after tax dollars health insurance would cost them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter