megapixel

Sometimes I think I think too much...

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

...and here's another thing I just dont get... my husband got in touch with an old friend who he hasnt spoken to in years. He now lives in Israel. When he called, the guy's daughter answered the phone so he shmoozed with her for a couple of minutes about her father when he was a kid. When the guy came on the phone, my husband said to him, "I told your daughter what you were like as a kid, what a great basketball player you were." the guy's reaction was all like "Oh I hope you didnt tell her I played basket ball. She is not allowed to know. " I guess in Israel that is considered like the big three cardinal sins. This reminds me of articles I have seen in Parenting magazines about when you talk to your kids about drugs, and they ask you if you did drugs as a kids, should you tell the truth or not. And Clinton's famous line, "I didnt inhale". Then Obama's line (yeridas hadoros) "I inhaled plenty". I guess this guy should tell his daughter "I didnt shoot (the basketball)" There are alot of problems with Israeli culture is all I am saying... Maybe some of them can be straightened out by everyone going out there and shooting some basketball.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter