megapixel

Sometimes I think I think too much...

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Couple of thoughts: On the bailouts/stimulus package--- This reminds me of the time my kid made a mess by dropping a bottle of ketchup on the floor. The entire thing cracked and started oozing ketchup all over. SO my kid says Dont Worry- I will clean it up and grabs my clean towel and starts smearing the ketchup in circles, spreading it all over the place far beyond the original spill area. Finally I yelled at him to stop fixing the damage- he is causing more damage. Just get out of the way and let me handle it. So much like the govt, who caused alot of the damage with the original subprime mortgage business. Now they want to "Fix" the problem, thus spreading the damage to areas which were originally untouched by the crisis. NICE. Just STOP fixing it already!and get out of the way. Shalach Manos--- Someone I know was niftar and I am really depressed about it and I feel like it's appropriate to tone things down. Can I get away with a much simpler one this year? I really dont want to go all out. (not that I ever do)

5 Comments:

At 4:39 AM, Blogger almost_frei said...

Sorry to hear that sad news. Regardless of how you are feeling tho, I think you can and should always keep things 'toned down'.

You seem so sensible, I would be surprised if your manot were anything but low key anyhow.

 
At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give an elaborate Shaloch Monos (if you usually do) but make it a healthy one.You will kill three birds with that stone.

 
At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

never elaborate!
Cuz i am "SENSIBLE".
This year I managed to shave down the cost to about $2.00 apiece. (okay, besides for a few more expensive ones for some special cases like the Rabbi and the Rebbes)
BUT they looked really pretty, in fact one of my neighbors told me she used it as a centerpiece at her Purim Seudah. cuz it was so nice.
almost frei where have you been?

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger almost_frei said...

2 bucks and you get complimented for it's looks?! you should sell some next year.
I have been lurking, but not actively online. It got to be too much. I am still very careful where I go and what I do, but I gave myself a heter for your blog. Are you maskim?

 
At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!!
I am so flattered!! I will try to be worthy of your heter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter