megapixel

Sometimes I think I think too much...

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Okay, so no one is interested in my Harry Potter post. What's with you guys? What do you want, another rant about why the yomim tovim are no good? Another tznius argument? Lashon Hara blasting Rabbis? or the all time favorite - Lakewood bashing!!

How about this- a list of my pesach expenditures:
clothing--------------approx. 295.00 (the kiddies-not me)
extra cleaning help----------40.00
Matza- 14 lbs at 18.50 lb ---259.00
first major food shopping-----400.00
husband sent out for more stuff----60.00
husband sent out for even more stuff----35.00
erev shabbos drop in for a "Few things"-----90.00
husband went out for forgotten stuff--------25.00
emergency replacement of pesachdik food processor---------32.00
chol hamoed trips--------------60.00 easy this year - only one trip day
afikomen presents--------------23.00, so far
pizza for after--------------20.00
total-----------------------1337.00

okay, I know this is nothing compared to some people but dont forget, I am lower middle income (stress on the LOWER)
I see some of the very large families in my neighborhood and I wonder HOW the Heck do they do it? also:
HOw the heck can we have eaten $897.00 WORTH OF FOOD IN 8 DAYS??
scary!!
and let me add- there are no leftovers!!
where did it all go?

9 Comments:

At 11:28 PM, Blogger Rafi G. said...

you only spent $20 on the pizza after pesach? not $730 like the guy on ebay? shame on you!

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger SemGirl said...

Then I guess I should be very happy..

clean house very quickly... supplies 10$

clean car 5$

repairs on car 100$

Drive to Monsey gas and food for trip and tolls 30$

snacks and trip Chol Hamoed 20$

return home 20$

And the conversation and atmosphere was infinitely better then Lakewood

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

Oh...
I spent $20 for the Rov to sell everything

Total $20

Having places to go: Priceless

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger ggggg said...

I feel your pain baby! Pe$ach Hurt$!!! :-)

 
At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and now its tax time

DOUBLE OUCH

at least we got to eat the 897.00 worth of food. with taxes, we have to give it away and kiss it goodbye

raf- in lakewood, it went for 230.00 for benefit of minyan shelanu

sem-- im yirtzeh hashem by you...

david-what about your dream seder, huh- i saw it, it was really great and i laughed but for some reason I cant comment on your blog.

lakevent-- whatever! abi gezunt!

 
At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I made enough money to have to pay taxes.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

my dream seder happened in my dreams..

what happens when u try to comment?

 
At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

david- when i type in my username and password it tells me to re do it.

anonymous- keep on chugging...

 
At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mega,Hey do you write the humor colum in The voice of Lakewood?You both talk about the dust not being chometz and spent the same amount of money for pesach food.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter