megapixel

Sometimes I think I think too much...

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

So every year, me and my kids, who are fireworks lovers, have a argument over where to watch the fireworks. Sometimes we stand on the corner (esp. if it falls on Shabbos) and look in the general direction of the lake, (dont live anywhere near the lake) so we see the occasional spark. Then someone decides that if we walk a few blocks down, we'll see it better, so we try that, but it doesnt help much. Sometimes we think about actually driving to the lake, but the parking and traffic -Nah. The kids beg. I say no. They get mad. They want to go to the beach. I think it might not be a good idea. Parking, traffic, scantily clad women... They beg, and get mad. The baby is sleeping and I dont want to wake her up.
Well tonight we were breaking our fast around the kitchen table to the sounds of the bombs bursting in air, and lo and behold, my son points out the window over the fleishig sink. Clearly we could see a beautiful fireworks display right out our kitchen window. After all these years of arguing about it, who knew that all we needed to do was look out the window over the fleishig sink.
HAPPY FOURTH!

1 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

You just gave me a great idea for next year..
I'm gonna find a dvd of fireworks..and place the screen right outside the kitchen window..and proclaim..oh wow..look at the view u get from here...who wouldda known!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter