megapixel

Sometimes I think I think too much...

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

A couple of years ago I was kashering the stove for pesach, and the wall near the stove got burned. There has been a large brown burn mark there ever since, reminding me of Pesach cleaning every time I look at it. Do I need to think about Pesach cleaning every day?
I think not.

SO I decided to take my newfound skill, installing tile, (see previous posts) and pulled down the damaged piece of formica, and put in a brand new tile backsplash. Woohoo! it was fun. and not hard at all. All you do is spread the adhesive onto the wall with a cool smearing tool, then scrape it with the zig zag side of the tool. Then you place the tiles down. That's it! It took about a half hour, not counting another trip to the store for more tiles.
Tomorrow I have to grout it, which means you spread the grout over the whole thing, and with a sponge-y kind of thing, smooth it down so it gets between all the tiles. Then you use a wet sponge to wipe off the excess grout.
Next time you need tile installed and they want to charge you an arm and a leg, fuggedaboutit! do it yourself!

1 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget to lay a towel/shmatta where the stove meets the wall to catch the drip from the wet sponge.
Good Luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter